LAWRENCE COLLECTION BOOKS AND PAPERS DONATED TO Bentley Rare Book Room, Sturgis Library Kennesaw State University Compiled by Thomas A. Scott 19 September 1996
- 1.1 Maj. Jean La Boularderie de Treville–deTreville House, Marine Corps Air Station Beaufort (photos, articles, correspondence); copy of Amanda Bolan Lawrence’s UDC application, 1899; articles on Lt. Col. Robert de Treville.
- 1.2 Bradford family–Plymouth pictures.
1.3 Clagett genealogy–Brice McAdoo Clagett, comp., “Ancestors for 20 Generations of John Brice Clagett and Ann Calvert Brooke Clagett” (1991); correspondence.
1.4 Lawrence Coat of Arms–correspondence, clippings, photos; Lawrence Buckley Thomas, “The Thomas Book”; Lawrence genealogies.
1.5 DeTreville family, France–photos; La Boularderie genealogy; Le Poupet genealogy; article by Marie deTreville on Battle of Averasboro.
1.6 DeTreville family, Louisbourg, Nova Scotia–postcard; correspondence; article; history of Louisbourg.
1.7 Col. Richard de Treville–copy of handwritten letter.
1.8 DeTreville family–copy, South Carolina Historical Magazine, LV (October 1954); correspondence; de Treville genealogy in a 1901 history of Habersham family.
1.9 Bolan family–article about Dr. James Bolan Lawrence; William L. Glover, “Bolan Family Records,” South Carolina Historical and Genealogical Magazine, XLI (October 1940): 162-66; correspondence; map of Bolan Hall; history of Church of the Holy Apostles.
1.10 Glover family–Who’s Who entry for Jane Porter (Bolan) Glover; 1912-13 Yearbook, Fielding Lewis Chapter, D.A.R.; 1940 letter of John Wilder Glover; slide of Glover House on Whitlock Ave., Marietta.
1.11 Rev. James B. Lawrence–1899 letter to Miss Lawrence, Marietta; “In Memoriam, the Rev. James B. Lawrence, D.D.”; correspondence regarding Lawrence Chapel, St. James, Marietta; miscellaneous clippings; booklet, “The James Bolan Lawrence Parish Hall”; reprint copy, James B. Lawrence, “Religious Education of the Negro in the Colony of Georgia,” Georgia Historical Quarterly, XIV (March 1930); copy, James B. Lawrence, “The Rural Problem in Georgia,” The Churchman, 9 May 1914; clipping book; article on Americus; Catalog of the General Theological Seminary, 1899-1900.
1.12 Robert deTreville Lawrence I–photos of R. deT. L. I and Samuel A. Cann, 1931; letters; 18 Feb. 1962 MDJ article and bulletin from 1962 dedication of Lawrence Chapel; “Family Record” copied from family bible; golden wedding napkins, 1906-56, Maryon McDonald Lawrence and Mary Waren Laverty Lawrence.
1.13 Lawrence genealogy–genealogical chart; “Description of Private and Family Cemeteries in the Borough of Queens,” including Lawrence cemeteries, Steinway and Bayside.
1.14 Lawrence genealogy–copies of genealogical information in family bibles of Lawrence Brothers of Charleston; Stephen Lawrence baptism, Wall Street Presbyterian Church, N.Y.; portrait of Samuel Lawrence; correspondence, clippings, genealogy notes; Atkinson family tree; article on John Lawrence of Gwinnett County, Ga.
1.15 Henry Laurens–copy of tribute by George C. Rogers, 1991.
1.16 Laverty family–correspondence.
1.17 Charles Lanier Lawrance–correspondence, clipping, genealogical material; pedigree charts, copies of clippings.
1.18 DeTreville family–photos, Mr. and Mrs. James MacCue; correspondence regarding French and South Carolina ties.
1.19 DeTreville Chateau–photos, article, maps, correspondence.
1.20 DeTreville family–correspondence, extracts regarding French and Louisbourg connections.
1.21 DeTreville genealogy–correspondence; booklet, Lamson Newcomb deTreville, “The Hundred Years of Lucy Comstock Newcomb,” 1969.
1.22 DeTreville family–correspondence, 1966-68.
1.23 Robert de Treville Lawrence III–1927-33, Marietta High School (clippings, 1933 commencement exercises, handwritten essays on “A Hunting Dog’s Range” and “A Neighborhood Story.”
- 1.24 Mrs. McDonald Lawrence–letters and cards to.
- 1.25 Maryon McDonald Lawrence–correspondence, clippings, wedding announcement, copy of marriage certificate.
- 1.26 Robert de Treville Lawrence III–research notes, 1950.
- 1.27 Lawrence letters, 1924-1941–RdeTL I to grandchildren (1924-28); RdeT III to parents and sister Mary from UGA (1936-37) and Ft. Benning (1940-41); John Rather to RdeT III (1940).
- 1.28 Lawrence letter, 1942–RdeTL III to parents and sisters, mainly from Mitchell Field, New York and from Army Air Base, Jacksonville, Florida.
- 1.29 Lawrence letters, 1943–RdeTL III to parents and sister Mary, written mainly from army air bases in Jacksonville and Savannah.
- 1.30 Lawrence letters, January-August, 1944–RdeTL III to Lawrence parents and sister Mary, written from Chatham Field, Savannah; promotion to major, 3 February 1944; small photo of RdeTL III in letter of 3 May 1944; first reference to future wife Lelia in letter of 2 August 1944; copy of
Chatham Field Liberator
- , Vol. I, No. 1 (23 August 1944), Maj. R. deT. Lawrence, Public Relations Officer.
- 1.31 Lawrence letters, September-December, 1944–RdeTL III to parents and sister Mary, written from various places in the USA and beginning in November from Calcutta; wedding announcement, 15 September 1944; wedding photo from
Savannah Morning News
- (24 September 1944); letters from Lelia to in-laws; letter from Maj. Harold Thomas to Lelia (24 November 1944).
- 1.32 Lawrence letters, 20 February – 26 September, 1945–RdeTL III to parents, sister Mary, nephew Donald Sessions, and Walter Schilling, written from Calcutta, Kunming, China, and Washington, D.C.; letter of 10 March 1945 (envelope dated 11 March) contains a photo of RdeTL III hunting in Assam Province.
- 1.33 Lawrence letters, 1952-54, 1959-62–RdeTL III to parents and sister Mary, written mainly from Virginia (letter of 23 September 1961 has a return address Saigon, Vietnam); letters by Bob, Jr. (12 December 1952, 18 May 1960, and 6 September 1961); letter from Virginia Parker to Mary, Helen, and Treville (31 July 1960); letter from Lelia to Treville from Tokyo (16 September 1961).
- 1.34 Program, Plaque Dedication Ceremony, McDonald Lawrence, Georgia Institute of Technology, October 9, 1994 (program erroneously gives the date 1992).